This week I caught up with the brains behind the brand of Sex Skateboards, Louis Slater. He started the company just over two years ago, and since then the label has become one of the biggest in skateboarding. Interested in finding out a little bit more about how the name of the brand occurred, a designer Sex Skateboards would like to collaborate with, & what he thinks makes a great clothing company? Then read on…
1. Any hobbies?
2. What’s your favourite movie?
Don’t have one
3. Any guilty pleasures?
4. What was the last song you listened to?
John Lennon – Only You
5. What’s your biggest fear?
6. Tell us about the last dream you had?
I dream every night but I can’t remember last night’s.
7. What’s your favourite insult?
You don’t do anything.
8. One word to describe yourself?
9. What’s your favourite tattoo & why?
No favourite, they are all personal and have a meaning.
10. If you wasn’t running a clothing line, what would you be doing?
Running something else.
11. What year & where did Sex Skateboards launch?
April 2015 in Sheffield.
12. How did you come up with the name “Sex Skateboards”?
I spray painted the word “Sex” on a t-shirt and a skateboard.
13. Where do you usually gather inspiration from for your designs?
14. What’s your favourite season to design clothes for?
Sex socks all year round!
15. If you could collab with any brand, which would it be?
16. What do you think makes a great clothing brand?
17. What’s your favourite streetwear brand?
I don’t follow streetwear brands.
18. What advice would you give to anyone looking to launch their own clothing line?
19. Do you have any future plans for the Sex Skateboards?
20. Anything else you’d like to share?
Thank you to all the people who have supported me and Sex, I love you all.
Stay tuned for our Sex Skateboards lookbook which will be featured on our Summer Essentials, live later this month!
To shop the entire collection head over to Slugger Skate Store.