This week I caught up with Dani Abasi, drummer of one of pop punk’s most popular bands, Neck Deep. The band are currently busy recording for the third album. Interested in finding out a little bit more about his biggest fear, who influences him, & what his life without music would be? Then read on…
1. Any hobbies?
Shopping, playing guitar and drawing.
2. What’s your favourite movie?
The Shawshank Redemption or Fight Club… or Prisoners.
3. Any guilty pleasures?
I’m obsessed with collecting cologne… and I still like The Rasmus.
4. What was the last song you listened to?
Knocked Loose – Deadringer
5. What’s your biggest fear?
Spiders, they can get in the bin or the sea.
6. Tell us about the last dream you had?
I don’t usually dream much, but when I do they usually involve either eating or flying.
7. What’s your favourite insult?
You fucking gimp
8. One word to describe yourself?
9. What’s your favourite tattoo & why?
I have a Prince tattoo, ‘nuff said.
10. If you wasn’t doing music, what would you be doing?
Something involving clothes/retail, it’s my other dream job.
11. How did you come up with the name “Neck Deep”?
Neck Deep came from a Crucial Dudes lyric.
12. Where do you usually gather inspiration for songwriting?
Usually from listening to all sorts of different genres.
13. Who are your biggest influences?
Tosin Abasi, Ville Valo and Grandmaster Flash.
14. Who’s one artist you’d love to collab with?
15. What’s your favourite city to play?
16. If you got to relive one tour again, which would it be?
The first time we did Warped Tour.
17. What’s the wierdest thing that’s happened to you on tour?
We were about to fly from New Zealand to Australia and a National darts coach asked us what our band was called. I told him and he thought I was joking, then he hit me with his briefcase.
18. Do you have any future tour plans?
I’m not sure what is announced and what isn’t, so I’m going to save myself from getting in trouble and say I have no idea.
19. How about any upcoming releases?
We are currently in the process of putting album three together.
20. Anything else you’d like to share?
Check out my new independent clothing store on Instagram @therainsupply. All info and the online store will be on there too! Bless.