This week I caught up with Josh Deane, if you aren’t familiar with who Josh is (or his tattoos at the very least) then do you even Instagram? JD is one of Instagram’s most popular male models and stylists. At the moment he’s currently working hard on his blog which has launched recently. Interested in finding out a little bit more about how Josh was scouted, his favourite tattoo, and who influences him? Then read on…
1. Any hobbies?
I make music in my spare time. I’m not sure if I’ll ever release anything, it’s just fun to sit back, programme, and record a track.
2. What’s your favourite movie?
3. Any guilty pleasures?
I eat way too much sorbet!
4. What was the last song you listened to?
Natural High by Twelve’Len
5. What’s your biggest fear?
6. Tell us about the last dream you had?
I think I was on another planet or something. It had two suns and I was out floating around, kinda moonwalking.
7. One word to describe yourself?
8. What’s your favourite tattoo & why?
My back. I just love how big it is haha!
9. If you wasn’t doing modelling, what would you be doing?
Barbering or something else in fashion.
10. How & when were you scouted?
I was scouted by a client when I was an apprentice hair stylist.
11. Who are your biggest influences?
Einstein, Jesus and my Dad
12. Where do you usually gather style inspiration from?
The streets. I love walking around people watching, observing everyone’s individual style.
13. What’s your fitness regime?
I try and work out 4–5 days a week. I enjoy working out in the park.
14. What is your favourite clothing brand?
Raf Simons, Adidas.
15. What has been your favourite shoot?
Probably my first full production shoot with Christian Blanchard in 2013.
16. What do you think makes a great model?
17. What advice would you give to anyone looking to join the industry?
Stay happy, healthy, put your feelers out and let it find you.
18. Do you have any future plans?
I want to style more and travel more in 2017.
19. Anything else you’d like to share?
I’ve just started my own website