This week I caught up with New Zealand’s finest rapper, Louie Knuxx. At the moment he’s currently busy finalizing everything for his upcoming album release “New Romantics”. Interested in finding out a little bit more about his biggest fear, who influences him, & the weirdest thing that’s happened on tour? Then read on…
1. Any hobbies?
I recently took up fishing, I work with youth offenders and it’s the best time to reflect and discuss things they are dealing with. Also very therapeutic.
2. What’s your favourite movie?
Battle Royale, fuck The Hunger Games for ripping it off entirely!
3. Any guilty pleasures?
Pickled onions and cricket (at the same time)
4. What was the last song you listened to?
Young Scooter – Colombia
5. What’s your biggest fear?
I hate the idea of death, the world going on and you don’t get to see what happens.
6. Tell us about the last dream you had?
I thought I was an alien.
7. What’s your favourite insult?
I like telling people they are provincial, if they are provincial it often confuses them.
8. One word to describe yourself?
9. What’s your favourite food?
Eggplant, but I can’t cook it for shit. So chilli, chilli is more my skill level you just apply it.
10. If you wasn’t doing music, what would you be doing?
Relaxing in all the free time I use stressing over music.
11. How did you come up with the name “Louie Knuxx”?
It’s a real long and boring story so I’ll spare you.
12. Where do you usually gather inspiration for songwriting?
13. Who are your biggest influences?
Lately, Sun Kil Moon.
14. Who’s one artist you’d love to collab with?
15. What’s your favourite city to play?
16. If you got to relive one tour again, which would it be?
Probably the Cool Sitch tour with Deez Nuts, The Amity Affliction and Endwell.
17. What’s the wierdest thing that’s happened to you on tour?
Whenever you start crying for no reason but also for many reasons.
18. Do you have any future tour plans?
I might never play again. I’m tired.
19. How about any upcoming releases?
Yup, New Romantics will be out this year.
20. Anything else you’d like to share?
Jailing teenagers is fucking criminal, I’d like to punch every judge in the jaw.