This week I was lucky enough to catch up with one of the world’s most famous barbers, Richie The Barber. Someone whose style I’ve been fascinated for, for years. If you don’t recognize Richie for his most famous prank, confetti-bombing A-list celebrities, then you’ll definitely recognize him from his tattoos! If you’re interested in finding out a little bit more about his hobbies, who influences him, & participating in clown porn? Then read on…
1. Any hobbies?
Besides clownin’ around I like to play my banjo, ukulele and acoustic guitar. I also ride my unicycle while juggling. At night I juggle fire and swords, and for the kids I make balloon animals.
2. What’s your favourite movie?
Pee-wee’s Big Adventure
3. Any guilty pleasures?
That one time I did clown porn.
4. What was the last song you listened to?
God Made Me Funky by Def Jef.
5. What’s your biggest fear?
6. Tell us about the last dream you had?
Me and LeBron James went to Mars and ate hot dogs while watching a ping pong tournament between Ronda Rousey and Mike Tyson. It was weird.
7. What’s your favourite insult?
I haven’t heard it yet.
8. One word to describe yourself?
9. What’s your favourite tattoo & why?
My smile because I like to smile.
10. If you wasn’t doing barbering, what would you be doing?
11. How long have you been in the industry?
Ever since I was a little kid. My Grandfather was a barber and I used to help him out in the barbershop.
12. How did you come up with the name “Richie The Barber”?
My Mother named me Richard, after my Grandfather. He was a barber so he decided to name me ‘Little Richie The Barber’.
13. Who are your biggest influences?
Salvador Dali, Charles Bukowski, Hunter S. Thompson and Tom Waits.
14. Where do you usually gather style inspiration from?
15. What are your favourite clippers?
16. What are your favourite products?
My product 2017
17. What do you think makes a great hair cut?
A smiling face at the end of the haircut.
18. What advice would you give to anyone looking to join the industry?
Do what you love and love doing it. Be free and be obsessed with your craft.
19. Do you have any future plans?
2017 my new book is coming out called My Crazy Woman which is based on thirteen stories about me dating women in Hollywood.
20. Anything else you’d like to share?
Stayed tuned mother flowers!!! Honk honk, beep beep!!!